Scott grew up in the Phoenix area.
He received a Bachelor’s degree from Chapman University in Orange, California. Scott returned to the Phoenix metropolitan area and taught elementary school and coached baseball and basketball and sponsored the chess club and supervised the science fair for fifteen years.
Having a need to continue growing professionally, he then obtained his law degree at Arizona Summit Law School. While in law school, Scott served at several legal externships: City of Phoenix (Public Safety Division); United States Federal District Court for Hon. Susan Bolton; Lubin & Enoch, P.C. (labor and employment issues); and the Arizona Supreme Court (Staff Attorneys Office) – preparing memos making recommendations on whether to grant appeals to the court.
Scott graduated from Arizona Summit Law School as its valedictorian.
Following law school, Scott worked as an associate attorney at The Law Offices of Donald W. Hudspeth, P.C representing small business owners with respect to their transactional and litigation needs.
Scott is now an associate attorney at Dyer Bregman Ferris Wong & Carter, PLLC where his practice includes representing professional and individual fiduciaries in probate-related litigation. He also represents clients in their appointment as guardian, conservator or personal representative and the administration of these estates.
Scott has two children. Jade is studying physics at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon. And Milo will pursue a music degree at Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon. Scott is an avid hiker and backpacker.
- Trust Administration Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- HB 2153: Improving Arizona’s Business Climate for Insurers, 6 Phoenix L. Rev. 752 (2013)
- A Twenty Hour Detention Based on Reasonable Suspicion is Not a “Minimal Intrusion” – A Case for Amending Arizona’s SB 1070, 7 Phoenix L. Rev. 411 (2013)
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Probate & Trust Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Inn of Court – Sandra Day O’Connor chapter
- Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, Arizona, J.D., Valedictorian, 2014
- Chapman University, Orange, California, B.A., 1994
- United States District Court, District of Arizona