As an attorney with Dyer Bregman Ferris Wong & Carter PLLC, Stockton works closely with small to midsize business owners in creating and maintaining business entities. He provides representation for businesses and individuals who are buying or selling businesses, real estate (including foreclosures), and personal property. This includes clearing title by way of quiet title litigation, probates/probate litigation, or resolving boundary disputes. Stockton also drafts, reviews and negotiates commercial leases, letters of intent, loan documents/asset purchase agreements, and assist business owners who are either buying or selling a business. He represents Arizona real estate brokerages in the resolution of contract andcommission disputes. In addition, Stockton works with the Arizona Department of Real Estate to handle administrative complaints.
Small and mid-sized businesses turn to Stockton Banfield for advice on the challenges and growth opportunities owners experience through their many transitional phases. Stockton assists businesses in every stage of development, including entity formation/structuring, contracting with employees/third-parties, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and business sales/acquisitions. He also helps them with Small Business Administration loans as well as loan workouts on business loans and mortgages.
Additionally, Stockton assists companies facing a variety of complex legal issues, including commercial leasing, real estate disputes, contractor agreements, employment agreements, and asset sales/general operational matters. He carefully advises his business clients in ways to avoid and resolve costly litigation; however, he is experienced in all areas of commercial litigation, including discovery, motion practice, trial, mediation, and appeal. His litigation experience includes representing and defending small- to medium-sized businesses navigating complex litigation over partnership, breach of contract, and commercial transactions.
Stockton is a licensed real estate agent who served the Arizona Association of Realtors as an adviser on its legal hotline. He offers real estate agents and brokers advice on starting up/managing brokerages, complying with Arizona Department of Real Estate regulations and handling complaints/administrative hearings when accused of violating administrative rules.
Stockton is committed to community involvement, including assisting a local journalist with legal issues in his TV segments and volunteering with the American Heart Association – a cause that is especially important to him as a stroke survivor.
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Business Transactions and Litigation
- Led a group of investors in the acquisition of multi-million-dollar business and commercial real estate.
- Assisted multi-million-dollar national company in commercial contract negotiations for potential acquisition of an $8 million national business.
- Represented real estate broker and school in dispute between school and Arizona Department of Real Estate.
- Represented small business owner in acquisition and subsequent sale of national franchise.
- Successfully defended injunction hearing for breach of Arizona non-compete clause for national air-parts brokerage business.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona College of Trial Advocacy, 2010
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Mary Washington College, B.A.: English, 2001
- Admitted in Arizona
- U.S. District Courts (District of Arizona, District of Columbia and Maryland)